Food & fun facts – A foody bicycle tour of Bologna
Have you ever wondered how Bologna earned the nickname of “the fat one”? Do you know the ultimate recipe for the Bolognaise sauce? What is the difference between tortellini and tortelloni? How do you make bologna sausage? And since when did this city become the capital of artisan ice cream?
We are here to answer to all these questions, adding up on our way many more fun facts about the culinary traditions of this gourmands’ city. And, after our ride across the city center, there is no better way to taste the local specialties than stopping in a trattoria and sitting at the table all together for lunch, enjoying the dishes of the local culinary tradition.
- 2 hours guided tour by bike with certified environmental guide or tour leader, plus lunch.
- A journey through the secrets of this foodies’ heaven.
- Lunch with local specialties included in the tour.
- Use of a bike, lock, lights and helmet included.
VALIDITY: On demand
DURATION: 4 hours
MEETING POINT: Velostazione Dynamo
Via dell’Indipendenza 71/z, under the Pincio Terrace.
Length: approx. 10 km on flat ground.
Route: Velostazione Dynamo / Bologna town centre / Local trattoria / Velostazione Dynamo.
- Certified environmental guide (GAE) or tour leader
- Lunch with local specialties menu
- 50 cl water bottle
- Use of bike, with lock, lights and helmet
- Third-party liability insurance
Minimum 4 people